Bridgerton has been a smash hit for Netflix, and one of our favorite highlights was no doubt the absolute (literal) queen, Queen Charlotte, played by the incomparable Golda Rosheuvel.
With her shameless love for drama, attention, and overall badass demeanour, there are plenty of quote-worthy Queen Charlotte moments that one could easily bring into everyday conversation.
So, whether you’re looking for the perfect Queen Charlotte quote for an Instagram caption, or simply ideas to spice up your convos with unsuspecting friends, here are some of our top picks.
Want more Bridgerton quotes? Click here for our roundup of the top 100 quotes from the show.
1. This iconic Queen Charlotte line that pretty much sets up Daphne’s story
“Flawless, my dear.” Season 1, Episode 1 “Diamond of the First Water”
2. This savage Queen Charlotte line we’ll definitely be stealing
Lady Bridgerton: You must remember my daughter, Daphne.
Queen Charlotte: Yes. She made quite an impression… however fleeting it may have been.” Season 1, Episode 1 “Diamond of the First Water”
3. This spectacular use of “dish wench”
“Queen Charlotte: How is it possible there’s not been a single compelling betrothal yet this season? Terribly unexciting!
Brimsley: I could tell you a delicious tidbit about our former scullery maid.
Queen Charlotte: I don’t care about a dish wench. I wish to be entertained, enthralled.” Season 1, Episode 2 “Shock and Delight”
3. This weirdly relatable line about Queen Charlotte’s husband
“Queen Charlotte: Should the royal physician seek to tell me my husband is dead, Brimsley?
Brimsley: I do not believe so, Your Majesty.
Queen Charlotte: Then tell him I am occupied” Season 1, Episode 2 “Shock and Delight”
4. This powerful Queen Charlotte line
“I’m rarely wrong about such matters. Do you know why? Because when I choose to extend to someone my favor, I expect them to make good on it.” Season 1, Episode 2 “Shock and Delight”
5. This badass “Charm her” line
“Her heart is no matter, as long as her hand remains free. You are a prince. Charm her.” Season 1, Episode 3 “Art of the Swoon”
6. This wonderfully savage (yet low key) Queen Charlotte gem
“You are wise… or perhaps unusually lucky to understand friendship to be the best possible foundation a marriage can have. Even if that foundation should crumble as quickly as it was built.” – Queen Charlotte, Season 1, Episode 5 “The Duke and I”
7. This line when Queen Charlotte spoke the truth
“I must say, I hope you made the right choice. Well, either way, I suppose you will enjoy your wedding night, at the very least.” Season 1, Episode 5 “The Duke and I”
8. This random sauerkraut reference we loved
“Am I to believe you truly long for sweet pickles and sauerkraut?” Season 1, Episode 5 “The Duke and I”
9. This iconic line that will be the only way we go through crowds now
“Make way! Must you all act like sheep flocking to the trough? I have 100 guineas wagered on there being a Hastings heir within the year. Are you yet with child?” Season 1, Episode 7 “Oceans Apart”
10. This quote that highlights her petty obsession with Whistledown
“Queen Charlotte: “No other event.” But my luncheon.
Brimsley: At least she did not say anything odious.
Queen Charlotte: It is far worse. She wrote nothing.” Season 1, Episode 7 “Oceans Apart”
Did we miss any of your favorite Queen Charlotte lines from Bridgerton?
Let us know in the comments below!
Obsessed with Bridgerton? Us too! Here are our top articles all about it:
- Our Bridgerton Filming Locations Guide
- Our Guide to Bridgerton the Musical
- Top 100+ Bridgeton Quotes
- The Best Daphne and Simon Quotes from Bridgerton
- The Best Eloise Quotes from Bridgerton
- The Best Queen Charlotte Quotes from Bridgerton
- The Best Lady Danbury Quotes from Bridgerton
- The Best Simon Basset Quotes from Bridgerton
- The Best Daphne Quotes from Bridgerton
- The Best Lady Whistledown Quotes from Bridgerton